Today we had a firefighter come too our apartment building and give a seminar in the community room on what too do in case of a fire occurring! Most of the residents are MUCH more disabled than I am! The best thing the fireman said to do in case of a fire, is too go into the shower and turn on the water if you CAN'T get too safety! If you ARE able too get too safety call 911 for help and climb out a window as SOON as possible! Then wait for the firemen and paramedics too get there!
When I first moved into my apartment, the fire alarm "DID" go off, because I wasn't sure on how use their microwave, so I put some leftovers on for three minutes so instead of pressing reheat on the microwave, my apartment was covered in smoke! The fire department did NOT come! In fact "NO ONE" came! So, I called my Grandma and she told me too turn the fan on in the bathroom, that way the fan would take the smoke out! It worked! Grandma's ALWAYS know best!