Wednesday, December 8, 2010

YESTERDAY I WENT TO A RAMP MEETING TO HELP GET SINGED UP FOR A PERSONAL ASSITANT!

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday I went to a RAMP meeting help me get signed up for a Personal Assistant or a P.A.! I also am planning on to get signed up to ride Para Transit when my family can't take me places! People WITH disabilities need a LOT of assistance and people WITHOUT disabilities DON'T realize or even have a clue! So having a P.A. is a WONDERFUL step for NOT living in a Nursing Home! You still can live on your own and in your own home but you still have the assistant that you need!

RAMP is going to call me when they receive the information, then I have too call DOORS and let them know why I need a P.A.! RAMP will come too my apartment and aces what I need help with, then I go through a list of people and I have too call and interview them to see if I want them to work for me! If I like and trust them then they can start to work for me!

This will also show my friends and family that I have become the independent young adult that I and my family hoped for! Most of all my Mom would be VERY proud and impressed with my progress!

NEVER be afraid too ask for help, I always think that I can do everything but I'm finding out that I CAN'T! I DON'T feel ashamed or embarrassed because of I have Cerebral Palsy, if people DON'T except it or understand that I need a LOT of assistants then I guess that's on them, because I'm going too make my life work for me! I also am a fighter and I CAN DO ANYTHING I SET MY MIND TO!

1 comment: