Friday, February 13, 2009

LEARNING TO LIVE INDEPENDENTLY!

Hi Everyone!

I've spent many years learning to become independent! I try to do everything I can for myself without asking for any one's help first! I also think it's very important for people with Cerebral Palsy and other disabilities too not be afraid of the world, and try too be self-sufficient as possible!

I've learned in my experience that life is not a box of chocolates, but when things get tough and difficult for you too do, that doesn't mean that you give up! You try to the best of your ability to achieve your goals!

I look at everyday as a new beginning and a fresh start! Sure walking with walkers, canes, and sometimes even using a wheelchair for long distances is NEVER fun for anyone but if that's what it takes for you too live a normal life as possible that's what it takes!

Don't EVER feel ashamed of your disability! Always remember that no one or nothing did this too you! The injury just happened when you were born! It's no one's fault, but somethings in life things happen and we have too accept whatever challenges we face!

If we have the proper care, and support from our loved ones we'll always be just fine!

Don't ever feel embarrassed too ask for help or assistance from a loved one! Your loved one doesn't understand your whole situation! But they will always try too help you and be there for you whenever times get tough!

It might good idea for you too explain too them some of the challenges that you face and then they'll be able too help you get involved in activities that you might want too look into! Like dancing, playing an instrument, playing sports etc. You can always express what you would like too do! They are ways for people with Cerebral Palsy and other disabilities too always feel accepted!

You can join a function called RAMP that lets people with Cerebral Palsy live a "NORMAL" life! They go too movies, go out too lunch, go bowling, taking nature walks along the river etc!

So NEVER feel ashamed of your C.P. is not a bad thing, it could be a wonderful thing! People that have Cerebral Palsy are NOT bad or abnormal people, they just have more struggles than people without disabilities!

I'm more fortunate then a lot of people with C.P. because I'm very self-sufficient, I can walk, talk, and take care of my personal care all by myself! So in that aspect I'm very independent! I do need some help from my friends and family once in awhile and sometimes it feels uncomfortable too have someone help you ALL the time! But if that's what it takes for you to live a normal life as possible, that's what it takes!

That's all for today! Please check back for more upcoming events!

No comments:

Post a Comment