Saturday, February 14, 2009

A NIGHT OUT AT THE MOVIES!

Hey Everyone!

I wanted too let all of you know that I went out too the movie theater with my cousin, her family and few of her friends until the wee hours of the night! Then we went back too her friends house too have snacks! We got back too my cousin's house around midnight! We had a BLAST!Then the next day my Aunt Marcia and I went too my second cousin's basketball game, then went back too her house for dinner!

Just because you have Cerebral Palsy doesn't mean that you have too give up on life! You may have too use equipment too get around like a walker or a wheelchair or motorized kart! Things may take longer than you would like them to but you have to accept your life for what it is!

You should NEVER feel sorry for yourself and say I can't do this or I won't do this because things are hard for me! When you have struggles and things are difficult you try to do everything as independent as you can! Also remember things are difficult for everyone NOT just you! You just happen too have struggles differently than other people! You a NO different than anyone else! You NEVER GIVE UP! If you ever want too live independently you have too take the annotative to try to do things yourself first before asking for assistance! If you NEVER try anything yourself, you'll NEVER succeed in becoming independent!

I choose to be as independent as possible, once in awhile it feels awkward too ask someone for help, even if they're a close friend or family member! I know they'll always help me if I ask them but they have their own lives as well, they aren't always able too put their life on hold to help a loved one! So that's why you have too not be afraid too try new things yourself!

NEVER feel ashamed of your disability, it's nothing bad or it's nothing anyone has done too you! It so happened that when you were born you had an injury too the brain and it's permanent!

You may have to have many surgery's, Occupational, Physical, and Speech therapies in order to live a normal life but you know what, if that what it takes for you to live a normal life as possible that's what it takes!, that's what it takes!

I'm fortunate that in my life I've had many surgery's and years of therapy that I can live a normal life as possible, it may not be my first choice but at least I'm walking, even if it is with canes and walker! So always be grateful for what you have achieved in your life and hold on too that because wonderful things could happen to you when you least accept! So NEVER give up! YOU'RE SPECIAL JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE YOU!

That's all for today!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good writing Jenny!!

    Love you!!

    Aunt Marcia

    ReplyDelete